Pinterest is one of the leading visual marketing platforms today, as it allows you to better build awareness of your brand and find many potential customers.
Marketers work through Pinterest to target application users in an attractive manner that cannot be resisted or rejected, as they create distinctive and high-quality content that is able to achieve a high percentage of customers’ purchasing decisions.
Pinterest is defined as a social network where users find visual content displayed in an eye-catching and inspiring way.
In addition, users install and save content in the themed panels, with the goal of keeping it organized, so that other users can discover new content related to their interests.
Benefits of using Pinterest for Marketing:
- Building the society.
- Increase the traffic to the site and raise the percentage of sales.
- Distribute your content.
- Building customer awareness.
Let us dig in…
Building a community:
Approximately 335 million people use Pinterest every month, so it is possible to rely on the Pinterest community to build a large base of followers and fans to interact with your own board on Pinterest, go to your website and thus increase traffic significantly.
Although you can search for a group of specific friends and add them through their names and accounts on Facebook and others, this method remains a waste of time and does not bring many followers, and here are some good ways to build your community on Pinterest:
- Promote your Pinterest account through social media platforms.
- Monitor competitors to benefit from their experiences and followers.
- Follow accounts that you think want to follow you.
- Use of hashtags and keywords.
- Request influencers to re-post your own content to gain the attention of their followers.
- Make funded ads on your brand’s Pinterest account.
Increase the traffic to the site and raise the percentage of sales:
Through Pinterest, you can link your visual content to your website, allowing you to share all visible and written content, and direct users to your site again.
This feature is considered very good in the marketing process as it boosts online sales.
Simply, the process of integrating Pinterest on your website will provide you with easy routing of traffic from one of your webpages and directly into your personal Pinterest account so that potential customers and clients can start displaying your own content in seconds.
Distribute your content:
Pinterest’s strength in distributing all types of content comes from the fact that 85% of its users prefer visual content and are looking for it, as you can share content on Pinterest boards to save your pins and distribute your content in a way that followers can find and discover.
You can get as many panels as you want, and organize them and arrange them into themes, ideas or plans to make it easier for your audience to find what they are looking for.
Additionally, you can invite people to join you, which makes your forum a “group board”, and is a great way to increase the engagement and interaction of your account.
Building customer awareness:
Pinterest represents an effective channel to increase customer culture, as it contains many educational programs, graphs, and additional links to distinct educational content, because it relies on visual content in particular.
You can create content that matches your target audience, existing customers, and agents on Pinterest, in several ways:
- Search for agents to determine the type of content that is most attractive and useful to them.
- Ask for comments about what your followers want from your business on Pinterest.
- Monitor and follow competitors in order to gain new ways to develop your content and make it unique.
- See dashboards of current customers and followers to understand your audience’s interests.
How to build a marketing strategy on Pinterest:
- Register with Pinterest and get a business account.
- Determine the appropriate categories for your content.
- Use distinct and attractive photos and videos.
- Make use of keywords.
- Add hashtags to your own content.
- Share your content on other social media platforms.
- Follow up and interact with other accounts.
- Use social media best practices.
- Analyze the results.
And in details…
Register on Pinterest for a business account:
First, you must create a business account on Pinterest in order to gain access to Pinterest analytics and distinct marketing features such as a profile that explains your role as a company, Pinterest tools and brand, and more.
If you own a personal Pinterest account and want to convert it to a business account, do not hesitate to do so, as you will not lose any of your content.
You can also upgrade your account and set up your payment method to run ads on Pinterest and target the audience in a better way through the ad manager on the platform.
Determine the appropriate categories for your content:
It is imperative to select the category that fits with your content, in order for the pins and boards to be searchable in a better way and meet the requirements of users and their pursuit of content similar to the content of your own business.
Note: Pinterest allows its users to search for specific categories or go to the “Categories” section of any profile on the platform to view all content related to the topic they are searching for.
Use premium photos and videos:
To ensure that users are attracted to your brand, you need to post photos and videos that help you promote and stand out.
We will offer you many ways to ensure that you share distinct and attractive visual content on Pinterest:
- Create and share videos for other brands in order to promote your products and your company. Where, 75% of Pinterest users confirm that they watch branded videos on the topic they are looking for and are interested in.
- If you have the budget, pay to use the Promoted Video feature on Pinterest.
- Show users how to use and operate your products and services through illustrative pictures or videos to facilitate their use.
- Watch for excessive white areas in your photos and avoid them.
- Videos ranging in duration from 30 seconds to 90 seconds are proven to be the highest performing videos, so create and share them.
- Use pictures of brands without the presence of faces, as they get 23% more pins than those with faces.
- Create specific boards to share images of the charts and visualizations of the most useful data for your company, for your audience to use as resources for their businesses.
Make use of keywords:
The keywords and phrases on Pinterest relate to specific niches that users search for.
For example, if you sell cosmetics, you can use keywords and phrases such as “hairstyles” or “skin diseases” and others across your profile and pins, in order for your account and product images to appear in users’ feeds when they search for these terms.
Here are the best sites to include keywords on Pinterest to improve your ranking in search results:
- Profile and CV.
- Board titles.
- Descriptions of the board.
- Pin descriptions.
- Image alt text.
Add hashtags to your content:
Hashtags are a great way to market and reach your target audience as they make your content more easily searched.
Hashtags are also used to help users identify boards and pins about the topic they are looking for.
When a user clicks on a hashtag included in the pins, they will be taken to the page where they can see all the content posted on the platform that contains the same hashtag.
Share your content on other social media platforms:
It is good to share pins, pictures and videos in your account on Pinterest, in other platforms to increase your chances of appearing and getting follows.
That is, you can request the appearance of your Pinterest account of your business on Instagram and YouTube or link it to your account on Facebook or Google.
So that the followers can easily recognize you, and demand by accessing the analytics and data on all of the pins in your account, you can see which networks your audience is most interested in.
In addition, you will be able to speed up logging into your accounts and backing up your profile when you lose your password.
Follow up and interact with other accounts:
When you follow and interact with users on Pinterest, you will be able to build and maintain good personal relationships, making followers feel confident and loyal to your brand and thus ensuring that they return to your profile and purchase products.
Here are some ways to build strong and lasting relationships with your target audience on Pinterest:
- Follow up on new accounts of users who show interest related to your content or your own business, by searching for keywords, hashtags, and more.
- Like or leave a comment on the content your followers share.
- Be sure to respond to their messages that they leave on your content to make them feel interested.
- Create interesting and distinctive publications that display your expertise in your field of work, or have your followers interact with you via a contest or the like.
Using best practices of social media:
Pinterest is like other social media platforms, so make sure to follow the same promotional practices so that you interact with your followers and publish regularly, and you avoid pressure on your audience and forcing them to buy your products.
To boost your participation on Pinterest, focus on the following practices:
- Motivate your audience and followers by offering an award, for example, for the most active and engaged follower of your content.
- Encouraging followers to show your brand in their own content.
- Provide discounts, coupons, and details related to your latest products and updates to ensure they return to your profile.
- Make sure you are posting valuable and unique content for your audience.
Analyze your own results:
It is necessary to ensure that your marketing process is correct on Pinterest and work on analyzing marketing results to track referral traffic, number of posts, potential customers, etc., and “Pinterest Analytics” provides you with four basic types of information:
- Data about the most common pins.
- Your profile metrics.
- Platform metrics to see how people interact with your content via smartphone or desktop.
- Insights on how many people are saving and sharing your content.
You can now benefit from Pinterest as a marketing tool to increase awareness of your brand and achieve the spread of your products and services, by following Pinterest’s marketing strategy and integrating it with available tools and resources, which will help you achieve the success of your business.