The global search engine, Google, is preparing to launch new updates to its ranking algorithm in terms of product reviews, with the aim of shedding light on useful and more in-depth overview of the search results.
These updates focus on providing more search results pages for product reviews that reveal clear and distinct analyzes, which could change the way brands view real-time reviews from posts and users, seeking to improve rankings based on the new evaluation update.
Importance of content reviews:
- It shows how important the customer experience is to the products.
- Presents and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of a product, depending on the research.
- It reveals which products are the best and which should be considered for specific uses or conditions.
- It identifies the main factors related to the performance of the products according to its category.
These updates have cost brands more burdens to obtain more distinguished and professional reviews from posts, rather than just comments that users send across different platforms.
Actually, this is what Google aimed to filter last year, in order to stop illegal uses on the Internet, as the TikTok application in India received low reviews during the past year after the great competition between it and YouTube, which made Google resort to removing millions of fake and unreal reviews on TikTok as a result.
The basic components that business owners must master in order to make the ratings work in their favor:
Determining the evaluation stage by the owner:
The employer is the supreme authority for setting company policy and appointing and training the work team that handles the task of providing services to clients and customers.
And to gain customer satisfaction, you must designate people who are trustworthy and best to represent your brand in front of the public, as well as their ability to implement your official customer service policy.
On a continuous and distinctive basis, especially after opinion polls revealed that 57% of the complaints are due to employee behavior, mistreatment, and customer service.
Taking customer complaints as a friend of the company:
In the event that you receive a complaint from a customer before it turns into a negative review, you will have the opportunity to save your company’s reputation and save a lot of trouble on it, and train your employees to deal with complaints and how to handle and resolve them.
To make sure that you receive the largest number of complaints and resolve them individually, stick to these tips:
- Ask customers on the site to inform you of any problem immediately.
- Place a mobile-compatible complaints form on your website.
- Listen and set off for discussions about your brand on social media and make offers to fulfill customer desires and bypass negative comments.
- Leave a phone number or text message on the complaint hotline in your own store or site.
- Constantly check the employees’ working mechanism with the clients.
- Do not lose sight of any complaint, as it may be an important source for improving your business and achieving customer satisfaction.
Asking the trademark owner for his review files:
Many platforms provide a facility for trademark owners known as “owner responses” that allows the owner to have the opportunity to participate in the conversations surrounding his brand online, thank customers for their positive comments, and try to retain customers who leave a negative comment.
You claim profiles for your business on various websites and platforms that users prefer the most.
Encouraging ratings through the business:
Before starting anything, you must know the policy of each platform in which you have a profile of your company, as each site has specific instructions that allow for reviews.
Moreover, failing to comply with them may lead to penalties and public defamation of your business by clients, in addition to removing your personal files from the site or the platform.
It is not acceptable to pay customers to get reviews or to marketers in order to post reviews instead of real customers, but you should get reviews directly from customers and their own devices.
That is why you have to encourage customers to post reviews appropriately and as permitted by Google, with an appropriate strategy to acquire these evaluations, including:
- Collecting e-mails when providing the service and sending a request for evaluation shortly after the service is provided.
- Presenting cards, receipts, etc. when providing the service that needs review.
- Get the Review us page on your own site, which includes links to basic evaluation profiles.
- Request evaluation from the customer in person after completing the transaction with him.
How to deal with negative review:
There is no doubt that any brand is subject to negative reviews, and as an employer, you must then remain calm, focused and follow a coordinated strategy.
And remember that acquiring a new customer costs 25 times more than maintaining the current customer, and make sure to use all your skills and intelligence to apologize and make up for any error or problem the customer encountered on your site, taking care that this review leaves a positive impression on all potential customers when reading it.
So that they know the nature of the company’s approach with its customers and the extent of its interest in satisfying them.
First, monitor all review profiles on a regular and continuous basis and address the negative evaluation as soon as it occurs, then make sure to adopt a unique response to the negative review and be careful to do these things:
- Pointing at the client that they are exaggerating or lying.
- Blaming the customer.
- Shift the blame to employees.
- Refused to apologize.
- Refusing to be responsible.
- Adopting unprofessional language.
- Writing long answers and responses.
To avoid losing customers and address negative reviews, do this:
- Sincerely apologize to the customer.
- Empathize with customers when they are upset.
- Take full responsibility as the employer.
- Offer something nice to restore confidence between you and the customer, such as refunding money or offering an alternative product.
- Be honest and transparent about the reason for the error.
- Make your responses short and honest.
Reasons why Google ratings affect your ranking in search engines:
Building trust-based on local customer ratings:
The global search engine Google trusts what your users and customers say about you more than you say about yourself, and Google’s algorithm rewards your website for gaining social support.
Good customer reviews increase traffic for your own site:
In the event that your own site gets a strong star rating with many detailed reviews, this will lead searchers to trust the site and increase clicking on it, thus sending a signal to Google that your website is reliable and deserves a higher rating.
Local reviews show your site’s business for Google:
Having your site with detailed and rich descriptions of your pages is important for good search engine optimization, and it makes it easier for Google to recognize and crawl your site.
Which increases Google’s presentation of your site to users and internet researchers, and the ratings that your customers leave do the same, as you allow Google to know the topic of your site and allow customers to fill gaps that may exist in the content of the site.
Customer reviews are an essential factor in your brand getting a good ranking in the global search engine Google, but don’t worry about it, if your customers are treated fairly by your company, you will definitely get positive reviews, which means that it’s simple and requires to be calm and focused and intelligence.